The Office of the Future of Work (OFW) is dedicated to shaping an equitable economy of the future and ensures that Coloradans are equipped with the necessary education, training, skills, and tools to fully participate in the labor force. Registered apprenticeship programs (RAPs), when they reach their maximum potential, are considered the "gold standard" of training programs- offering employers a sustainable, skills-based, talent pipeline strategy and providing job seekers modern worker protections, clear career pathways, and an inclusive work environment. Learn more about the OFW and apprenticeships.
The OFW has three funding strategies under the Innovation, Diversity and Equity in Apprenticeship (IDEA) Grant to accelerate and diversify the Registered Apprenticeship system in Colorado: Scale-Up Grants, Accelerate Apprenticeship Grants, and Apprenticeship Scholarships. Learn more about each and sign up for updates below!
- Accelerate Apprenticeship Grants
Now Accepting Applications
Accelerate Apprenticeship Grants encourage employer adoption of registered apprenticeship in the state of Colorado. Receive up to $7,500 in grant funding!
Applications are now open and will be collected on a rolling basis and funding is available on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds run out.
Employers not yet involved in a registered apprenticeship receive:
- $5,000 once they register their own or join an existing apprenticeship program and hire an apprentice
- $2,500 once they retain an apprentice for six months
- Assistance from the OFW to register or join an existing apprenticeship program
How to Apply
- Review the Opportunity Overview
- Complete the Pre-application Checklist
- Complete an online application (link below)
- Opportunity Overview
- Pre-application Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Informational Session - Slides
- Flier in English
- Flier in Spanish
View the Info Session from Nov 15
- Employers that meet the following criteria:
- Not yet involved in a Registered Apprenticeship Program
- Intend to employ apprentice(s) in the state of Colorado
- Have not directly received the Scale-Up Grant from the Office of the Future of Work
A single entity cannot receive both the Scale-Up Grant and the Accelerate Apprenticeship Grant as both grant opportunities are currently funded by the IDEA Grant. Please see this document for a comparison of the two grant opportunities.
Ready to apply?
Please be aware that the application and attachments must be completed in their entirety to be considered for funding.
Not sure if registered apprenticeship is a good fit? Reach out to email@example.com with the subject line “Accelerate Apprenticeship Grant: Learn More About Apprenticeship” to connect with a member of the Apprenticeship Colorado Team.
- Scale-Up Grants
The Office of the Future of Work anticipates launching the second cycle of Scale Up Grants in April of 2023. To receive updates regarding this funding opportunity, please sign up for this mailing list by selecting "Funding Opportunities".
The Office of the Future of Work is pleased to announce over $1,191,000 in Cycle 1 Scale-Up Grants have been awarded in grant funds to 25 organizations across the state to support the growth of registered apprenticeship opportunities.